Everyone's favourite at Christmas! (Serves 4)
Step By Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 190°C, Fan 170°C, Gas Mark 5.
- Remove all packaging.
- Remove giblet bag from neck cavity. Weigh the turkey to calculate cooking time.
- Place turkey in a roasting tin and season to taste. Cover loosely with foil.
- Cook in the centre of a preheated oven. Cook turkeys less than 4kg for 25 minutes per kilo plus 70 minutes and cook turkeys more than 4kg for 25 minutes per kilo plus 90 minutes. If stuffing, stuff the neck cavity only and allow 20 minutes extra cooking time per 500g of stuffing.
- Remove foil for the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- After cooking time, cover with foil and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before carving. This retains more of the juices for a more succulent meat.
Adjust times according to your particular oven (for fan assisted ovens cooking time should be reduced). All cooking appliances vary in performance, these are guidelines only. Always check that the product is piping hot and juices run clear before serving.