Devils on Horseback
A traditional accompaniment to Christmas dinner. The prunes pair perfectly with roast duck. (Serves 4-6)
- 20 pitted prunes
- 10 rashers streaky bacon
- 3 tbsp cranberry sauce
- Balsamic glaze/syrup (optional)
- 125 ml brandy mixed with 125ml water
- Make a small slit in each prune and place into a bowl
- Pour over the water/brandy mix and soak for at least half an hour
- Remove the prunes from the bowl and set aside
- Fill each prune with a little cranberry sauce
- Cut each bacon rasher in half across its width and wrap around each prune. Secure each one with a cocktail stick.
- Place the prunes on a roasting tray lined with baking parchment and place into a pre-heated oven at 200°C, Fan 180°C, Gas Mark 6. Turn them over halfway through cooking.
- Cook until bacon is crispy – approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Place onto a serving tray and drizzle with balsamic syrup if required.