- Gressingham Free Range Turkey
- Oven cook from chilled. For best results, remove from refrigeratpr for 1 hour prior to cooking. Preheat oven to 200°C, Fan 180°C, Gas Mark 6. Remove all packaging.
- Remove giblet bag and neck from body cavity and place to one side.
- For cook time, please see the weight label on the front of the bag (cook time is calculated by the weight of the turkey- 20 minutes per kg + 70 minutes)
- Place the turkey into a deep roasting tray and add 500ml of water to the tray around the bird. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cook in the centre of the oven for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes baste the turkey and reduce the oven temperature to 160oC, Fan 140oC, Gas Mark 3.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and check the turkey is piping hot throughout and the juices run clear. If juices are pink return the turkey to the oven for a further 15 minutes and recheck.
- Cover with foil and allow to rest for 30 minutes before carving. This retains more of the juices for a more succulent meat.
- All cooking appliances vary in performance, these are guidelines only. Always check that the turkey is piping hot and that the juices run clear before serving.