Duck Stir Fry with Oyster Sauce
A tasty mid-week meal, the rich, gamey flavour of the duck works perfectly with the lively flavours of the orient.
- 1 pack Gressingham Duck® mini fillets
- 300g egg noodles
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 cm root ginger, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Half a red pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 120 ml chicken stock/water
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Chop the vegetables, ready to add to the wok. Cook the noodles, as per pack instructions, and refresh in cold water. Strain through a colander and set aside until needed. Mix the duck mini fillets with the sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Place a wok or frying pan on a high heat with a little vegetable oil. When the wok is hot, add the duck mini fillets and stir-fry for two to three minutes, or until all the mini fillets are cooked through. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Add a touch more oil to the wok and stir-fry the onions and peppers for one minute, before adding the ginger and garlic. Stir-fry for one minute, then add the oyster sauce and 30ml of the stock/water. Continue to stir-fry for two minutes, adding a little stock if dry.
- Return the mini fillets to the pan and add the noodles and spring onions. Lightly season and stir-fry for a further two minutes, ensuring the ingredients are well-mixed and adding stock as necessary. Serve and garnish with fresh coriander.