Duck Fillets & Peanut Sauce
Delicious duck mini fillets that can be served as a main or as a starter. Cook in the oven, on the grill or in a griddle pan.
- 1 pack Gressingham duck mini fillets
- 12 bamboo skewers
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- ½ red chilli finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ¾ inch fresh root ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon mild madras curry powder
- 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons white sugar
- 150g salted peanuts – roughly chopped or ground
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 dessert spoon light soy
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Empty the mini fillets into a bowl along with the garlic, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, half the ginger, one teaspoon of sugar and the curry powder. Mix well and set aside for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile to make the sauce - put a pan onto a low to medium heat with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add the onion, chilli and the rest of the ginger.
- Sweat off for 5 minutes adding a touch of water if it is drying out too quickly. Add the remaining ground spices and cook for a further 5 minutes frequently stirring - again adding a little water if drying too quickly to avoid burning.
- Next add the peanuts, coconut milk, the rest of the sugar and the light soy. Mix in well and stir. Bring up to the boil and simmer for around 20 minutes . Towards the end of the cooking time, add lemon juice. Remove from heat.
- Feed each mini fillet onto a skewer . Flatten the meat to help speed the cooking process, drizzle any excess marinade onto the fillets and lightly season with a little salt.
- Now, there are 3 simple cooking methods:
- Place on a baking tray and cook in a preheated oven( 200c) for 6-8 mins.
- Grill under a high heat for 2.5 mins each side.
- Bring a griddle pan up to a smoking heat and griddle for 1.5 mins each side.
- When ready serve with the peanut sauce and a small amount of diced cucumber.