Cherry & Red Wine Sauce
This cherry and red wine sauce is a mouthwatering accompaniment to any cut of duck. A speedy, sumptuous sauce that can be made in advance and heated up when needed.
- 12 pitted cherries
- 50g caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 400ml chicken stock
- 175ml glass of red wine
- Teaspoon cherry or redcurrant jam (optional)
- Place the sugar and red wine vinegar in a pan on a medium heat and reduce until you have a sticky caramel.
- Pour in the wine and the stock and reduce by 2/3 .
- When you have the consistency you desire, add in the cherries.
- Taste and if it requires more sweetness, mix in the jam.