Duck Meatballs & Sweet Potato Spaghetti
Try the Gressingham take on spaghetti and meatballs! These delicious duck and pork meatballs pair perfectly with sweet potato spaghetti.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 aromatic duck, roasted & shredded as per instructions
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 good quality sausages, split & meat removed
- 1/2 glass red wine
- 40g grated parmesan
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg yolk
- bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 200g passata
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and sweat off in a little oil until softened.
- Add the softened onion, garlic, sausagemeat, shredded duck, red wine, parmesan, breadcrumbs, egg and 1/2 the parsley to a bowl and mix thoroughly together.
- Roll into balls just smaller than a golf ball.
- Fry the meatballs in a pan with a little oil until browned on all sides, add the pasta to the pan with 1/2 a glass of water & simmer for 20 mins until the meatballs are cooked.
- Whilst the meatballs are cooking put a pan of water on to boil.
- Add the remaining parsley to the sauce and season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Peel and put the sweet potato through your spiralser, then cook in the boiling water for 2 mins, drain and serve with your meatballs.