Crispy Duck Tacos with Plum Sauce
A street food style recipe from HelloFresh. Served with sesame wedges and pickled radishes.
- 2 confit duck legs
- 1 tbsp Chinese 5 Spice
- 200g potatoes
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 plums
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 4 radishes
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Sugar 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 spring onions
- 6 soft taco wraps
- Preheat your oven to 200oC. Remove the confit duck legs from their packaging and place on a baking tray skin side up. Scatter over half the Chinese 5 Spice and rub all over the duck. Chop the potatoes into 2cm wide wedges (no need to peel!). Pop the wedges on a large baking tray. Drizzle with oil, then season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds, toss to coat, then spread out in a single layer.
- Roast the duck on the top shelf of your oven and the wedges on the middle shelf until the duck is crispy and the wedges are golden, 25-30 minutes. Turn the wedges halfway through cooking,
- Meanwhile, halve the plums, remove the stone and chop the flesh into 1 cm pieces. Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, add the plums and remaining Chinese 5 Spice and cook, stirring regularly until softened, 4-5 minutes. Once softened, add the hoisin sauce, honey, soy sauce and water. Simmer until the plums have completely softened and the sauce has thickened, 10-12 mins. Stir regularly to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Meanwhile, trim and thinly slice the radishes. In a small bowl mix together the rice vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt. Add the radishes, mix well and set aside. Trim the cucumber then halve lengthways. Chop into roughly 0.5cm wide 5cm long batons. Trim the spring onions then slice thinly.
- When everything is nearly ready, pop the tacos into the oven until warmed through, 2-3 mins. Once the duck is ready, remove it from the oven and use two forks to pull the meat off the bone and shred finely. Discard the bone.
- Pop the shredded duck onto a large plate with the warmed tacos alongside. Pop the sesame wedges on another plate. Drain the liquid from the pickled radishes and serve them in a small bowl with the cucumber, spring onion and plum sauce alongside. Let everyone assemble their duck tacos with the duck at the base, crunchy veg on top and plum sauce drizzled on top.