All our turkeys come from Red Tractor assured British farms, many of which are here in East Anglia. We offer both free range turkeys and turkeys that have been reared free to roam in large airy barns with natural daylight and good ventilation. Our turkeys are given perches and pecking objects to encourage them to interact and be active during the day, at night they are encouraged to roost and sleep. They eat a mix of wheat and soya with vitamins and minerals to ensure they are given a balanced diet to meet their needs.
Preparation & Usage
- Preheat oven to 190ºC, Fan 160ºC, Gas Mark 5.
- Remove all packaging.
- Remove the giblet bag and neck from the body cavity, weigh the turkey to calculate the cooking time.
- Place turkey in a roasting tin and season to taste. Cover loosely with foil.
- Cook in the centre of a preheated oven. For turkeys under 4kg: 20 minutes per kg plus 70 minutes. For turkeys over 4kg: 20 minutes per kg plus 90 minutes
- If stuffing, calculate your cooking time on the weight of the turkey and stuffing.
- Remove foil for the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for 20 minutes before carving. This retains more of the juices for a more succulent meat.
- Always check that the product is piping hot and that the juices run clear before serving. If juices are still pink return the bird to the oven for a further 15 minutes and re-test.
|Typical values||Per 100g|
|of which Saturates||0.5g|
|of which Sugars||0.0|
Dine in tonight with our delicious, easy to cook, Bistro range.