Duck Breast with Mint, Lemon & Red Chilli
Fresh lemons and mint bring a zingy flavour to this simple dish. Juices from the duck are packed full of flavour so don’t forget the dipping bread!
- 2 Gressingham Duck Breasts
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp 5-Spice
- 1 tbsp Thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp Fresh Mint Leave, finely sliced
- ½ Lemon, Zested & Juiced
- 1 Red Chilli, finely diced
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, Fan 160°C, Gas Mark 4.
- Score the fat on each duck breast and season well with Salt, Pepper, 5-Spice and Thyme. Place the duck breasts skin side down into a large frying pan, and place on a medium heat (without oil) and cook for about 8 minutes until the fat has rendered out and the skin has gone golden brown & crispy.
- Place the breasts skin side up on a rack in a roasting tin in the middle of the oven. For rare cook for 10 minutes, medium - 15 mins, well done - 18 mins.
- Whilst the duck is roasting, pour away the fat from the frying pan and add the Lemon, Chilli & Mint. Mix in a little olive oil to create a dressing.
- Leave the duck breasts to rest for five minutes before carving, then arrange onto a plate and drizzle with the mint & chilli dressing.