Thai Red Duck & Pineapple Curry
A tasty Thai red curry that is easy to prepare and makes use of many store cupboard ingredients.
- 4 x duck legs
- 2 tbsp thai red curry paste
- 1 tin pineapple chunks
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- Fresh coriander to serve
- Sear the duck legs in a casserole pan, with a little oil, on all sides until golden brown.
- Remove form the pan and set aside.
- Add the curry paste to the pan and cook for 1 minute stirring continuously making sure all sticky bits of duck are scraped off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Add the fish sauce, sugar, lime leaves and duck legs along with 1 tin of water to the pan, place on a lid and cook in the oven for 1 hour 20 mins at 180c until the legs are tender.
- Remove from the oven, skim off any excess fat, add the pineapple chunks to the sauce and serve with fresh coriander and fluffy rice.