This redcurrant jus is a deep and rich redcurrant sauce perfect for any cut of duck. For ease, it can be made in advance and heated up when needed.
- 1 tablespoon redcurrant jelly
- 200ml good red wine
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 500ml chicken stock or 1/2 stock cube
- A knob of butter
- Place the red wine, redcurrant jelly and balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and reduce until it starts to get sticky and dark.
- Add in the chicken stock and reduce by 3/4.
- Whisk in a knob of butter and then take off heat.