Slow Cooker Red Thai Duck and Sweet Potato Curry
By Gressingham employee Rebecca Alderton
A simple supper idea for busy weeknights by Gressingham employee Rebecca Alderton, who loves using her slow cooker to create tasty meals for her family.
- 3 or 4 Gressingham duck legs
- 300g sweet potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2.5cm fresh ginger
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 400ml water
- First, prepare the vegetables. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes, carrots, onion, ginger and garlic. Meanwhile, warm up the slow cooker if necessary
- Place all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6 hours. Stir occasionally while cooking
- When the duck legs are cooked, remove them from the cooker and discard the fat then shred the meat using two forks. Stir the shredded duck back into the vegetables and sauce.
- Serve the curry with basmati rice.