Pheasant breast with pancetta and sage
- 4 pheasant breasts
- 1 pack of thinly sliced pancetta (very thinly sliced smoked streaky would work well if you cant get the pancetta)
- 16 lovely large sage leaves
- Sea salt and black pepper
- A little rapeseed oil for cooking
- Place the pheasant breasts on a board and season well with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place 4 sage leaves evenly along the breast, pressing them down so that they stay in place.
- Take out the thin slices of pancetta and carefully wrap around the pheasant breasts starting at one end and wrapping it around until you have covered the whole breast. This may only need 2 slices depending on the size of the breasts.
- Take a non stick pan and place on a moderate heat. Add a splash of rapeseed oil and once hot place each of the breasts in, sage side down first and sauté for about 5 mins each side.