Leftover Turkey Leg with Bubble & Squeak
A delicious twist on the classic bubble and squeak and perfect for using up Christmas leftovers.
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Turkey leg, shredded
- Leftover stuffing, crumbled
- Christmas greens
- Roast potatoes, smashed
- Cranberry sauce
- Mix together turkey, stuffing, greens and potatoes in a bowl, bind with 2 eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan with a little oil, add the mix to the pan, so that it fills the pan and fry for 5 minutes until one side is golden and crispy.
- Whilst this is frying, fill and place a medium sided saucepan of water on to boil.
- Place a plate on top of the pan and turn the pan over, once the bubble and squeak has come off onto the plate add a little more oil to the pan and then slide the bubble and squeak back into the pan and fry the other side for 5mins. Pop it into the oven for 15 mins at 180°C to ensure that it is cooked/warmed all the way through.
- Whilst the bubble and squeak is cooking, crack 4 eggs into the pan of boiling water, these will take about 2 mins to poach, remove with a slotted spoon and place on top of your cooked bubble and squeak. Season each egg with salt and pepper.
- Heat the leftover gravy with the cranberry sauce and serve with your bubble and squeak and poached eggs! Enjoy!