Duck Panang Curry
Get creative with those leftovers from your Sunday roast with this aromatic red Thai curry. It’s traditionally made with pork but this recipe uses delicious duck. You can also use leftover roast potatoes, added at the same time as the duck (instead of raw potatoes as below).
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 4 lime leaves
- 1 tbsp palm or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 head of pak choy, leaves separated and cleaned
- 500g cooked duck meat, shredded
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 1 lime, halved
- Fresh coriander
- Thai basil
- Soften the onion and potato in a deep pan over a medium heat with a little oil for 5 minutes. Add the curry paste and coconut milk then bring to the boil.
- Stir in the lime leaves, sugar and fish sauce then simmer until the potato is almost cooked. Roughly chop the pak choy and add it to the pan along with the duck and the peanuts. Heat through until steaming.
- Squeeze over the juice of half the lime, stir and then adjust the seasoning to taste. Garnish with fresh coriander and Thai basil then serve with basmati rice.