Roast Duck Legs with Roasted Root Vegetables
How to cook duck legs and vegetables. This recipe makes a wonderful meal for the family. Place in the centre of the table and let everyone help themselves.
- 4 Gressingham duck legs
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 250ml water
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 5 cm length
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 5cm length
- 250g green beans, topped and tailed
- 1 head garlic, cut in half
- 2 raw beetroot, peeled and cut into wedges
- 300g new potatoes, cleaned and cut in half lengthways.
- A few sprigs of thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Pre heat oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / gas mark 4
- Place potatoes, carrots, red onions, garlic, parsnips and beetroot into a deep-sided roasting dish.
- Season well, pour over the olive oil, mix together well and level out.
- Season the duck legs both sides and place on top of the vegetables. Scatter the thyme over the top.
- Add in the water, cover the whole tray with foil and place in the oven for 1 hour.
- After an hour, remove the foil, adjust the oven temperature to 200c and cook for a further 15 mins.
- While the duck is cooking for the last 15 mins, place a small pan of water on to boil, add a teaspoon salt and when the pan is boiling add in the green beans. Cook for 4 mins, drain.
- Remove the roasting tray from the oven, add the beans to the roasting tray and your dish is now ready to serve. Place in the middle of the table and divide onto 4 plates or let everyone help themselves.