How to cook traditional roast duck. Nothing beats a Traditional Roast Gressingham Duck with all of the trimmings for Sunday Lunch. Remember to save the duck fat to make delicious crispy roast potatoes.
- Gressingham Duck
- Pre-heat your oven to 220°C, Fan 200°C, Gas Mark 7
- Remove all packaging
- Take bag of giblets out of the body cavity (they’re useful for stock)
- Weigh the duck without the giblets.
- It’s important to do this – don’t just use the weight on the bag, as this includes the giblets
- Place on a rack in the roasting tin, prick the skin all over an rub a teaspoon of salt into the skin
- Roast in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes per 500g, plus 20 minutes extra
- Rest the duck for 10-20 minutes
- All ovens vary in performance, this is a guide only.