Orange & Chilli Half Duck
This zesty Orange and Chilli duck recipe is a perfect option for spring.
- 1 whole Gressingham duck cut in half, or 2 half Gressingham ducks
- 3 tablespoons dried herb and spice blend (Season Allbrand)
- 1 teaspoons dried cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 10 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- Zest of an orange
- 100g green beans (top and tailed)
- 4 carrots (peeled and cut into 5cm batons)
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 6 small parsnips
- 400g new potatoes
- 50g unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C fan or gas mark 4)
- Mix the dried ingredients together and rub onto the skin of the duck. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the duck in a deep-sided roasting tray with the skin facing up. Cook for one hour, occasionally basting with the duck fat. Meanwhile, mix the sweet chilli sauce with the orange zest.
- When the ducks have cooked for one hour, pour the sweet chilli mix on top of the ducks and cook for a further 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes in a warm place.
- Cook your potatoes in lightly salted water for 10 minutes until tender, then drain and set aside. Bring another pan of salted water to the boil. Add your beans, cook them until tender, drain and set aside. Repeat the same process with the asparagus, carrots and parsnips.
- Put a large frying pan onto a medium heat, add in the butter and a tablespoon of water. Add in all the vegetables, mix well for two minutes and season according to taste.
- Divide the mix onto 4 plates, carve the half ducks and arrange on top of the garnish.