Five-Spice & Honey Duck Satay Skewers
These Asian-inspired duck canapés are ideal for al fresco dining and can be made in advance.
- 1 Gressingham duck breast
- 10 kebab skewers
- 1 dessert spoon honey
- 2 tsp 5-spice
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt & pepper
- 25g curry paste
- 50g crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tin coconut milk
- Remove the skin from the duck breast, then slice the breast in half as if butterflying it, then cut each half into 5 lengthways strips.
- Put the strips into a bowl, add 1 tsp 5-spice, the honey and seasoning and mix well to coat the duck strips.
- Put the duck strips onto the skewers and leave in the fridge to marinade whilst you make the satay sauce.
- Put the curry paste, 1 tsp 5-spice, sugar, peanut butter and coconut milk into a pan and bring to the heat to combine, season to taste.
- Cook the skewers in a frying pan, a couple of minutes on either side then serve with the warm sauce.