Roast Duck Breast with Orange & Passion Fruit Sauce
A romantic sharing platter perfect for Valentine's.
- 1 Gressingham Duck® breast
- 2 fresh passion fruit, seeds removed
- 150 ml orange juice
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon Demerara sugar
- 1/2 a small watermelon- seeds removed and diced into 2-3 cm pieces
- 75g butter
- 100g mixed salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c
- Dry the skin of the duck with absorbent paper and score the skin 6-8 times with a sharp knife . Place the duck breast skin side down in a pan on a low to medium heat (no oil) until the skin is crisp and golden . Pour off any excess fat and place the duck, skin side down on a roasting tray and place into the preheated oven.
- Cook for 6-20 mins depending on how you like your duck cooked. Remove the duck from the oven and rest for at least 10 mins in a warm place .
- While the duck is cooking start preparing the sauce and water melon. Place the Orange juice into a pan and reduce by a 1/3. Add the caster sugar and dissolve. Add in the passion fruit, bring to the boil, take off heat and whisk half the butter and set aside .
- Place the remaining butter in to a frying pan with the olive oil . Bring to a high heat and add in the watermelon. Toss for 30 seconds, sprinkle over the Demerara and toss again. Set aside.
- When you are ready to serve, pour any juices from the duck into the Orange sauce and stir. Thinly slice the duck and place on to a platter. Pour the Orange sauce over the duck on the platter, place the leaves and the watermelon into the middle of the table and share this romantic dish together!