Bourbon BBQ Wings with Sweet Potato Fries
This delicious BBQ sharing platter is the perfect option to impress family and friends. (Serves 6-8)
- 24 Gressingham duck wings
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcester sauce
- 4 tablespoon dark soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 250ml bourbon whiskey
- For the sweet potato fries:
- 3 sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into thin batons)
- 2 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Mix the olive oil, onion, garlic, smoked paprika, cider vinegar, Worcester sauce, sugar, tomato puree, ketchup and the whiskey together. Take 1/3 of the sauce and set aside. Generously season the duck wings with salt and pepper, add the remaining 2/3 sauce in, mix well and place in a roasting tin. Marinate for at least an hour, cover with tin foil and place in the oven 180°C / gas mark 4 for 45 mins.
- While the wings are cooking you can place the sweet potato fries in a baking tray. Pour in the rapeseed oil, season and mix well. You will need to roast these for approximately 30 mins turning halfway through so you want them in the oven to finish cooking around the same time as the wings.
- After 45 mins remove the foil from the wings tray and add the remaining 1/3 sauce, carefully stir in and return to the oven for a further 15 mins.
- When the wings are ready, serve along with the sweet potato fries and if you wish some salad leaves or slaw.