An ideal summer dish to enjoy while soaking up the rays outdoors. Remember to prick the skin of the duck leg so that it crisps up nicely. (Serves 2)
Step By Step Instructions
- Pre heat oven to 180oC,160oC Fan, Gas Mark 4.
- Prick the skin of the duck legs with a fork or cocktail stick and season well with the 5 spice, and salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking tray skin side up and place in the oven. Cook for 1 - 1 hour 15 mins until tender.
- While the duck is cooking, prepare all the vegetables for the slaw by placing the carrot, red cabbage, pepper, onion and garlic in a large mixing bowl.
- When the duck is ready, remove from the oven and cover.
- Add the ginger, sesame oil, fish sauce, lime and mixed leaves to the bowl with the vegetables. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper and then toss everything together.
- Divide the Asian slaw between 2 plates, place the duck leg on top, serve!