Duck ceasar salad
To celebrate the publication of our brand new Summertime Recipe booklet we wanted to share one of the recipes from it with you, this is our take on the summertime favourite – Caesar Salad. To download the recipe booklet for Free and be in with the chance of winning a Roadii firegrill click here
2 Gressingham Duck Breasts
3 to 4 gem lettuces
2 slices sourdough (roughly torn 3cm pieces)
30g shaved Parmesan
100ml light olive oil
30g finely grated Parmesan
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
4 tbsp mayonnaise
Juice of half a lemon
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp water
- 1. Pre heat oven to 200c, 180c fan, Gas Mark 6
- 2. Score the skin of the duck breasts and pat dry. Season both sides.
- 3. Separate the gem leaves, wash and drain.
- 4. Whisk or blend all the dressing ingredients. Add more water if needed to a thickness you prefer. Season to taste
- 5. Lay the duck breasts skin side down into a wide oven proof cold pan without oil. Cook over a low to medium heat for 6-8 mins until golden and crisp, carefully pouring off any excess fat into a bowl as the duck cooks. Place torn bread around the duck and place pan in oven for 6-8 mins.
- 6. Remove from the oven, turn the duck over so it’s skin side up, mix the bread in the duck oil. Place bread onto kitchen paper to absorb excess liquid. Allow the duck to rest for 10 mins.
- 7. Meanwhile take a large bowl, place in the leaves and coat them with half the dressing. Divide onto your serving plates. Share out the bread croutons.
- 8. After resting, slice the duck and place on top of the leaves. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and scatter the shaved Parmesan on top .
To download the full recipe booklet and enter our new firegrill competition enter your details on this page.
Sign up and get your free recipe booklet
Download your free recipe book to get access to a host of deliciously flavoured recipes and a world of global cuisine.