Sticky Marinated Duck
This sweet, sticky duck marinade never fails to impress and is a favourite way to prepare Gressingham Duck. (Serves 2)
- 2 duck breasts
- 2 tbsp apple balsamic vinegar (I used Aspall)
- 2 tbps Hillfarm runny honey
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- ½ a lemon grated zest
- 1 tbps hillfarm cold pressed rapeseed oil
- Score the duck breasts right through the skin, without cutting the meat beneath
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl, and then paint the marinade on to the skin of the duck. Add the duck to the bowl with the remaining marinade.
- Make sure the meat is completely covered, cover with clingfilm and leave to marinade at room temperature for 2 hours or in the fridge overnight
- Heat a frying pan until hot, and place the duck breast in skin side. Cook until golden in colour before sealing the other side and placing onto a baking tray
- Cook in a preheated oven at 210°C for 15 minutes, or slightly longer if you prefer it well done.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables.