Roast Duck with a cherry and red wine sauce
Try our fantastic roast duck crown recipe with seasonal vegetables and a red wine and balasmic sauce.
- 1 Gressingham Duck® crown or whole duck
For the sauce
- 12 pitted cherries
- 50g caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 400ml chicken stock
- 175ml glass of red wine
- Teaspoon cherry or redcurrant jam (optional)
- Cook the whole duck or crown as per pack instructions
- While the duck is cooking place the sugar and red wine vinegar in a pan on a medium heat and reduce until you have a sticky caramel.
- Pour in the wine and the stock and reduce by 2/3 .
- When you have the consistency you desire, add in the cherries.
- Taste and if it requires more sweetness, mix in the jam.
- Serve the sauce with your cooked duck.