Duck Fat Roast Potatoes
The fat from your roast duck makes perfect crispy roast potatoes. Ideal for Sunday lunch or Christmas dinner. (Serves 4)
- 1.5 kg large Maris piper potatoes, peeled and cut into a good eating size
- 25 g duck fat
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- Salt and white pepper
- Cover the potatoes with cold water in a large saucepan. Add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Bring to the boil and cook for further 10 mins. Drain.
- Meanwhile decant the duck fat into a large baking tray and place into a preheated oven at 200°C, Fan 180°C, Gas Mark 6 for 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and carefully place the potatoes into the fat. Lightly season with salt and white pepper. Add the rosemary and place back into the oven.
- Cook for 35 - 45 mins until the potatoes are a crisp golden brown colour.
- Remove from the oven, carefully drain off the fat (save it for next time) and serve.