Roast Duck Breast with Sweet Potato Mash
A delicious quick & easy dinner recipe for two.
- Pack of Gressingham duck breasts
- 1 large sweet potato
- Pack sprouting broccoli
- 1 tbsp honey
- Score the fat on the duck breasts with a sharp knife.
- Heat a pan, and sprinkle in a fine layer of salt (no oil), then add the duck breasts skin side down and turn down the heat and let the fat slowly render out until the skin is crispy.
- Whilst this is happening, peel & dice the sweet potato and cook in salted water until tender, drain and mash with a little olive oil.
- When the skin is crispy place, drain the excess fat, and place in the oven at 180c and cook for 6 mins.
- Place a pan of water onto the boil.
- Remove from the oven and cover in honey, then leave to rest for 3 mins.
- Cook the sprouting broccoli in the boiling water for 2-3 mins, drain and serve with the sweet potatoes, carve & serve the duck alongside and drizzle with the honey and cooking juices from the pan.