Roast duck Breast with a cherry and orange glaze
Delicious roast duck paired with a classic orange and cherry sauce, served with baked new potatoes and green beans. Perfect for a special night in.
- 2 ‘Gressingham Duck Breasts’
- 1 tbsp honey
- 300g new potatoes, par boiled
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 1 clove of garlic
- a handful of green beans
- knob of butter
- 1 large orange, zested & juiced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 50 ml port
- 400g frozen black cherries, defrost in the bag and then reserve any juice by passing through a sieve into a separate bowl
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Add the par boiled new potatoes to a roasting dish with the oil, salt, rosemary and garlic clove, combine together and place in the oven at 180c to roast for 30 minutes
- Score the fat on the duck breasts with a sharp knife, heat a pan and sprinkle in a fine layer of salt (no oil), then add the duck breasts skin side down and turn down the heat and let the fat slowly render out until the skin is golden & crispy
- Whilst this is happening make the sauce by placing the orange juice & zest, ground ginger, soy, port and cherries into a pan and bring to the boil over a heat
- Combine the cornflour with the reserved cherry juice and add to the pan, reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens. When the skin is crispy, drain the excess fat, and place in the oven at 180c and cook for 6 mins.
- Place a small pan of water onto boil, add the green beans and cook for 4 minutes, drain and add the knob of butter and season with salt & pepper.
- Remove the duck breasts from the oven and cover in honey, then leave to rest for 3 mins. Carve the duck breasts into 4, Serve alongside the new potatoes, green beans and drizzle with the cherry sauce