Gressingham Duck Rillette
A perfect starter dish, serve this duck rillette on crusty bread.
- 2 Gressingham confit legs
- Half teaspoon gd nutmeg
- 125g unsalted butter
- Small bunch picked fresh parsley leaves
- 12 small cornichons
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely sliced into discs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon , cut into wedges
- Few slices sourdough toast
- Pre heat oven to 180c, fan 160oc, gas mark 4
- Place duck legs on a baking tray and in the oven for 20 mins. Remove from oven and allow to cool until they can be comfortably handled. Melt butter in a pan on low heat.
- Shred the meat into big chunks in a sized bowl. Season well with salt and pepper and the nutmeg.
- Slowly pour the butter over the duck and mix well together. Spoon into ramekins or a kilner jar. Refrigerate overnight.
- Take the rillette out of refrigerator 30 mins before serving.
- Slice the cornichons in half lengthways. In a mixing bowl combine the cornichons with parsley leaves, shallots, olive oil, squeeze of lemon.
- Serve up the rillette with toasted sourdough and the garnish.