Asian Citrus Duck Breasts
This simple duck breast recipe makes a tasty mid-week meal. The rich, gamey flavour of the duck works perfectly with the lively flavours of the orient. .
- 2 Gressingham Duck Breasts
- 80g Light brown sugar
- 5g Szechuan Peppercorns, crushed
- 1g Star Anise, ground
- 15g Grated orange zest
- 10g Sea Salt
- 1g Black Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, Fan 160°C, Gas Mark 4.
- Score the fat on each duck breast, combine all ingredients and rub over duck breasts ensuring that the mix gets into the scored skin.
- Place, skin side up, into an oven proof dish and roast for approximately 20 minutes.
- Rest for 5 minutes before carving and serving.
- Serve with egg noodles with pak choi & soy.