Gressingham Foods are a family run business that has been operating for over 40 years. Gressingham is proud to support all of its employees through their own personal development, including a sound training programme and annual appraisals.
As part of the Governments initiative, we have recently released our Gender Pay Gap Report which can be found here: https://www.gressinghamduck.co.uk/assets/Gressingham-Foods-Gender-Pay-Gap-Report.pdf
We offer a Company induction programme, and following a 3 month probationary period can support staff in a career development programme including English language skills.
If you are interested in any of the job opportunities listed below please contact Isabel Underdown or Jacqui Holden on 01379 897546 / 01473 734259 or email your CV to email@example.com
Junior Account Manager
This is a full time, 40 hrs per week position, to manage day to day relationships with key customers. Assist the National Account Managers with day to day function. Help sales function achieve targets set by the business Promote the Gressingham Brand at all times, ensuring relevance. Increase the Gressingham margin. Target 100% service level. Develop and implement promotional plans
KEY TASKS - To be responsible for a portfolio of customer accounts in the following areas:- Product mix, Service level, new product proposals, promotional plans, pricing and product costings, returns/debits/Debt Collection and advertising allowances
LOGISTICS - To have budgetary responsibility for the above accounts, forecasting and reporting on sales metrics on a weekly basis. To contribute to company strategy by increasing penetration of duck within UK households. To build solid and lasting customer relationships so that they want continued supply from Gressingham. Work collaboratively on Joint Business plans where applicable. To implement a relevant category management approach in key accounts. To maintain the correct level of customer contact at all touch points and work to further the relationships of other team members. Provide holiday account cover for colleagues as and when required. Input into market data analysis to be the expert in the duck market to all customers. Own the Gressingham Christmas offer within each retailer and be the centre point for all information during the Christmas period. Focus on new opportunities, including other product offerings within the Gressingham Group. Strong Team Ethic. Analytical ability - able to use national market, customer and internal data to create compelling selling stories for internal and external customers.
We are looking for an ambitious, self-motivated individual who has a desire to grow and progress with a rapidly expanding business. Experience of FMCG retailing desirable, not essential. Full UK Driving License necessary. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel & Powerpoint in particular is desirable.
Office based in Norfolk, with frequent travel to customers.
General Farm Poultry worker
We are a looking for a full time (39 hours per week) poultry worker at one of our sites near Woodbridge. Overtime and weekend work also available at Manager's discretion. Please note there is no public transport therefore own transport is essential.
The role is to maintain and improve the high level of poultry welfare. Please note there is no public transport therefore own transport is essential. Ensure all farm bio-security guidance is followed (different site procedures followed). To assist with achieving target levels of weights and mortalities as efficiently as possible. To work to a high and health and safety standard feeding back any ideas for improvement to the site manager and any concerns identified. Produce all records required in order to provide accurate up to date information. Work closely with line manager and staff on site to ensure all tasks get carried out efficiently and safely. Monitor stock control of farm supplies and report and shortage of supplies to site manager. To work with staff in a positive, professional manner. To carry out any other tasks relating to poultry farming as the Company may reasonably require.
Business Administration Apprentice - Level 2/3
Based at Debach near Woodbridge, Suffolk (rural – own transport required)
Hours - 40 pw (8.30am-5pm with half hour lunch).
This is a good opportunity within our busy Farms Admin Department for a well organised and motivated person with an interest in a career in Business Administration. We are looking for an excellent team player who is committed to maintaining accurate records, supporting data capture and ensuring an efficient admin service to our Farm Managers.
- Good Excel spreadsheet skills
- Ability to analysis figures
- Confident Outlook/email use
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to get on with all types of people
- Good sense of humour
- Ability to multitask
- Preferred (but not essential) - Understanding of poultry business/farming
Responsible for the following administration within the Farms Office
- Being an office contact for the poultry farms & updating farms on all relevant info
- Raising orders for poultry farms – including feed, bedding, PPE, Chemicals, Consumables, Gas, Diesel & checking order confirmations
- Maintaining records & distributing reports to relevant farms personnel/departments - eg
- Flock set up and flock coding
- Contract payments
- General slaughter/placement/movement updates
- Feed tonnage records
- Production Reports
- Stock Takes
- Visit Reports
- Recording health status/vet report
- Pay: £16.6-£17.6kpa (£8.00-£8.50 ph)
Technical System Administrator
To assist the Technical Department with General and Administrative tasks.
To gather data, create trends, interpret results and communicate them to the team. To be a source of support during audits.
To organise and store all the Technical Documentations.
To assist in improving Company working Practices.
- Maintain updated QMS
- General administration duties within the Quality/Technical department
- Liaising with NPD. Commercial with respect to technical/legal aspects of new products
- Supporting the process of artwork sign off
- Managing supplier approval lists, ensuring all suppliers provide up to date product specifications & certificates (BRC, migration, packaging compliance
- Contribution to the maintenance of the nutrition and microbiological database Including weekly monthly and annual trending
- To assist with any customer /audits and visits.
- Interface with other site personnel to ensure customer and site technical requirements are met and maintained.
- Help develop, recommend and implement measures to improve product quality.
- Ensuring legality of the product. Carrying out label and artwork administration & sign off.
- Ensure that micro results are being recorded and analysed to identify potential trends.
- To complete Internal Audits as scheduled, therefore ensuring that Gressingham Foods is adhering to the latest protocols and regulations
- Medium level IT skills, experience in Excel.
Canteen Assistant - Redgrave Site
Gressingham have a vacancy for an assistant in their Wild Duck Canteen.
The main role is to the support the current Canteen Manager in delivering a varied tasty menu for all staff, and help to ensure a smooth day to day running of the canteen.
- Assist the manager in cooking and preparing meals on time for when staff have their breaks and have it well presented.
- Monitor and report any required repairs needed to the manager.
- Support the manager in adhering to a strict stock rotation programme.
- Ensure there is minimum waste and control the waste.
- Ensure health and safety regulations in the kitchen are strictly observed, recorded and archived (temperature sheets etc), as per manager’s instructions.
- Support the manager in providing buffets for visitors.
- Ensure that your department is left in a clean, hygienic condition at the end of the day.
- Maintain a positive attitude with all staff, lead by example and encourage fellow workers to maintain a positive attitude
- Hours of work to be approximately 35 hours per week, although extra hours are expected during xmas campaign and to support manager as and when required. Start and finish times to be advised.
HR & Payroll Apprentice - Full time - Redgrave Site
This is a good opportunity within our busy HR, Payroll and Training Department for a well organised and motivated person with an interest in HR and payroll Administration. We are looking for an excellent team player who is committed to maintaining accurate records, supporting data capture and ensuring an efficient admin service to our team.
- Good Excel spreadsheet skills
- Ability to analysise figures
- Confident Outlook/email use
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to get on with all types of people (strong communication skills)
- Good sense of humour
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong understanding of confidentiality
- Strong team working skills
Responsible for the following administration within the HR/Payroll Department & Training Department (Training will be provided in all areas)
- As part of the team to update our time and attendance programme and personnel information on to our HR system, ensuring GDPR compliance.
- Support the payroll department in administering our weekly payrolls.
- Maintaining employee personnel records, ensuring right to work checks, driving licence checks and inductions are up to date.
- Assisting the department in audits and induction days, and assist with recruitment fairs.
- Updating KPI data on a weekly basis for our factories, and ensuring accurate working time reporting.
- Liaising with our agencies to ensure personnel paperwork is submitted to the personnel office prior to commencement of work.
- Organise occupational health appointments, and liaise with our OT support.
Pay: (£8.21 ph)
Team Leaders, Truss Department
Our Redgrave site are looking for 2 truss team leaders. The role is to ensure the smooth day to day running of the department and to produce high levels of product whilst ensuring the best possible quality.
- Ensure staff are at their work stations on time.
- Produce all necessary records if/when required.
- Monitor and report any required repairs needed.
- Liaise regularly with the factory manager regarding successes and problems to ensure constant flow of information and communication.
- Work closely with other members in your team.
- Monitor all aspects of the company policies within the factory regardless of your department as per the Company Handbook.
- Ensure there is minimum waste.
- Meet production requirements sent by the factory manager.
- Monitor the quality of the finished product.
- Be responsible for the staff keeping punctual break times and being on line.
- Ensure that your department is left in a reasonable condition at the end of processing.
- Maintain a positive attitude with all staff, lead by example and encourage fellow workers to maintain a positive attitude when coping with high volumes of production.
We are currently looking for 3 poultry handler operatives to be based at our Debach site. Alternative weekly early and late shift operated.
- Work within the team to ensure high welfare practices are maintained at all times.
- You need to have a calm and good natured temperament.
- The work involved can be very physically demanding and you therefore should be fit and able to carry out the task.
- Full driving licence.
- Work to a high health and safety standard, feeding back any ideas for improvement to the site manager.
- Maintain and improve on high level of poultry welfare and ensure all bio security guidelines are adhered to.
- Work closely with line manager and staff on site to ensure all tasks get carried out efficiently and safely.
- To work with staff in a positive, professional manner and be prepared to support the business in a challenging environment
- To carry out any other tasks relating to poultry farming as the company may reasonably require.
- Hours are 39 per week (Mon to Fri). Weekends will be as and when required according to business needs.
- Pay rate £8.21 per hour plus a daily catch bonus. Experience preferred but not necessary, as full training will be given.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ANY OF THE POSITIONS ABOVE PLEASE CONTACT JACQUI HOLDEN OR ISABEL UNDERDOWN (HR DEPARTMENT) ON 01473 734259 0R 01379 897546 TO REQUEST AN APPLICATION FORM, OR ALTERNATIVELY SEND YOUR CV TO firstname.lastname@example.org