Gressingham Foods are a family run business that has been operating for over 40 years. Gressingham is proud to support all of its employees through their own personal development, including a sound training programme and annual appraisals.
As part of the Governments initiative, we have recently released our Gender Pay Gap Report which can be found here: https://www.gressinghamduck.co.uk/assets/Gressingham-Foods-Gender-Pay-Gap-Report.pdf
We offer a Company induction programme, and following a 3 month probationary period can support staff in a career development programme including English language skills.
If you are interested in any of the job opportunities listed below please contact Isabel Underdown or Jacqui Holden on 01379 897546 / 01473 734259 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Marketing Executive
The company: Gressingham Foods is a family run business that has been operating for over 45 years. We grow, manufacture and distribute Gressingham ducks, speciality poultry and game to retailers across the UK and have complete control of our products from farm to fork. The marketing department’s main goal is to get more people cooking with duck in their homes and their marketing activity sets out to achieve this.
Purpose: To assist the Brand Manager and Managing Director in the development and delivery of digital marketing activity to support business and brand growth. Role will be based at Gressingham’s office in Redgrave near Diss.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic individual to join our small but friendly marketing team at Gressingham. The Digital Marketing Executive will assist the Brand Manager with the marketing and operation of all our digital platforms. You will be responsible for writing web and newsletter content; creating marketing materials in accordance to the brand guidelines and brand content calendar and help with delivering and executing strategic digital marketing campaigns.
We are looking for candidates with digital marketing experience, an interest in food and recipes would be a strong advantage.
The role is varied and is made up of the following.
- E-Newsletters: Collate information and write copy, test and send, monitor results
- Social media: create and schedule content over all social platforms, monitor results
- Coordinate and implement paid digital campaigns with external digital agencies
- Maintain all digital platforms (social/website) and content on a daily basis
- Use website CMS to update new and existing products, recipes, competitions and seasonal promotions
- Manage Google Analytics, produce monthly reports, monitor and measure.
- Other – Assisting with general office duties and other specific projects from time to time as directed by the Brand Manager.
25.5 hours per week (could be spread across 4-5 days), salary dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Group Senior Risk Advisor
We are now seeking a Group Senior Risk Advisor to provide robust risk-management direction to all the companies in the Gressingham Group and ensure compliance with relevant legislation. The appointee will implement successful risk management policies and monitor, in particular, health and safety practice across the Gressingham Group. They will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of a safe and healthy work environment for Gressingham’s employees and those contracted by the companies.
The Group Senior Risk Advisor will be in charge of advising on risk management for Green Label Holdings, Gressingham Game and J.F. Edwards, to deliver an effective risk management framework covering, for example: - Health & Safety, Environmental, Transport, Animal Welfare, Physical Security and Business Continuity
- To plan and deliver a rolling three-year health and safety and risk-management strategy plan
- To develop and implement a competency assurance framework in all areas of the businesses to minimise non-compliance and accident risk
- To work closely with the operations and in particular the senior leadership team and department managers to implement systems for best practice
- To ensure that the company has a fully functioning risk management system with the effect of achieving compliance with all statutory regulatory requirements and keep abreast of new and evolving legislation
- To monitor, review and audit regulatory and health and safety practice across the businesses and present findings to the board
- To be responsible for professional standards and systems for risk management across the Gressingham group
- To promote a positive health and safety culture while clearly communicating safety information and policy to personnel
- To implement a standardised approach to day-to-day health and safety and highlight areas of inconsistency
- To set realistic short and long-term objectives for health and safety and regulatory performance across the businesses
- To arrange risk and health and safety training for all staff as required and arrange maintenance of training records
- To manage a team of health and safety and environmental officers who will report directly to the appointee
- To maintain a robust system for reporting and investigating accidents and incidents as well as near misses, liaising with the health and safety officers to ensure this is implemented
- To develop a tiered approach to investigations of all accidents and near-misses and present learnings and planned action to the board
- To support operational managers in delivering on their risk responsibilities
- To present yourself in a professional manner in line with Company guidelines and to comply with regulations regarding confidentiality and security
- Other duties as the management may reasonably require
The Ideal Candidate
- Significant prior experience in risk management and risk management processes
- Diploma in Risk Management
- CMIOSH, NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering/Science/Risk
- Membership of a relevant professional body (such as IRM or IOSH)
- Knowledge of health and safety and risk management systems and best practice frameworks
- Strong IT skills
- Numerate and able to collate qualitative and quantitative information into reports
- A positive personality and excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- A confident leader with the ability to develop and promote a best practice risk culture among colleagues and maintain positive relationships with operational managers to ensure effective communication
- Be willing to work in meat production and farming environments
- An understanding of the Gressingham brand and what we stand for
About The Company
Green Label Holdings with three operating companies, operating 70 farms across East Anglia, two factory sites and two hatcheries. It employs 600 people throughout the year, rising to 1,000 at Christmas (peak production). The Group Senior Risk Advisor would be in charge of managing risk across all sites.
Gressingham Game operates near Richmond, North Yorkshire and has a team of up to 50 employees.
J.F. Edwards operates four shops in Smithfield Market and a retail butcher in Primrose Hill, North London. It employs 70 people.
Job Type: Full-time | Competitive Salary (Dependant on experience) | Norfolk
Catch Team Operatives
Based at Debach (Ducks) - alternate weekly early and late shift
2 X full time positions – alternative weekly early and late shift
DUTIES - To assist with the catching of ducks. Working alongside a team to ensure high welfare practices are maintained and strict bio security procedures adhered to. This role is highly suited to an individual with a calm, good natured temperament who is able to work in a physically demanding role.
General Poultry Worker (Turkeys)
Full time positions (40 hours per week - Mon to Fri) + alternate weekends and overtime when available.
Location - Horsham St Faith and Weston Longville, Norfolk.
DUTIES - The role is a physical one involving practical skills and a health and safety focus. Duties will include feeding, cleaning out the sheds and general farm maintenance. Strong team working skills, communication and reliability are essential to this role. You will need to work to a high health and safety standard, feeding back any ideas for improvement to the site manager. To work with staff in a positive professional manner. To carry out other tasks relating to poultry farming as the company may reasonably require.
£8.12 per hour starting rate, negotiable depending on experience.
Previous poultry experience preferred but not necessary as full training will be given supported by the Company induction programme.
Assistant Turkey Farm Manager
We currently have a vacancy for an assistant Farm Manager in the Norfolk area. This is a full time position (39 hours per week) with alternate weekend working. Salary dependent on experience. Key responsibilities include:-
Plan and organise staff within your area of the business.
Daily care of our poultry, maintaining flock records and completing welfare checks.
To aim to improve on current health and safety good practices and bio security guidelines at all times.
Improve and maintain welfare standards.
Promote a culture of positivity, motivating your team to develop and build on their individual skills, to enable the business to progress it’s employees.
Key Skills Required
Commercial poultry experience.
Strong knowledge of all standards with regard to welfare and trading practice.
Competitive pay rates are available dependent on experience. Training will commence with a full induction day, followed by a Gressingham Personal Development Plan. Hours of work are 39 per week, with alternate weekend working (shorter days at the weekend).
System Support Administrator - Redgrave
• Create New products from start to finish (design label, enter product information into FOPS, add to menu, test label and sign off)
• Learn how to use Menu creator software.
• Understand how printers are setup
• General housekeeping FOPS (keeping transaction file tidy)
• Learn how to create reports and run them.
• Keep FOPS software up to date, transfer data to scales
• Trace production back using FOPS serial numbers
• Basic problem solving (software / hardware)
• Lease with HSL to solve bigger problems
• Point of contact for FOPS users
• Add new products
• Design label using label designer 4 (barcodes & text lines).
• Dump & download formats across our sites
• Sort out any error in the factory (software and Hardware)
• Check stock pallet daily
• Learn how to transfer orders between sites
• Add orders factory / despatch / transfer
• day to day running of fops
• set up printers (intermec)
• Solve bigger issues with our telephone support team (Hellenic & 3it)
• Learn how to create new labels
• Add products
• Copy products
• Learn vdf tables
• Learn Innova software
• Add products
• Understand average weighing
Price weigh machines
• Design label (barcode & text lines)
• Add cook times and servers
• Learn how to set up star commands & WB tables
• Print label & get them sign off from technical
• Download & transfer files
• Lease with technical and customers
• Help with customer traces
• Learn how to set up scanners
Process Controller - Redgrave Site
About the Role
• To complete paperwork and tasks associated with producing product on line to the correct specification and customer requirements.
• To observe, record, adjust and correct any product or processes in order to maintain adherence to specification, quality and food safety at all times.
• To support Compliance Auditors and Line Leaders in their role to maintain Gressingham standards, behaviours and practices at all times.
• Reporting jointly to the QA Supervisor and Line leader, the Process controller is accountable for maintaining records, following specifications and reporting product and process non- conformances on a daily basis. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the health & safety and welfare of colleagues working on the shop floor within his/hers area.
Main tasks and responsibilities
As Process Controller you will be expected to:
1. Ensure that all documentation is completed correctly and in accordance with site quality procedures.
2. To ensure that any corrective actions are followed up and closed out.
3. To ensure that products meet customer specifications.
4. Report all necessary matters to the Compliance auditor and Line leader ensuring that he/she is fully aware of relevant production, personnel, quality and MHS issues.
5. To undertake such ad hoc duties as may be required in order to benefit the business.
6. Help check critical control parameters within the factory processes.
7. Check quality and adherence to specification of finished products
8. Assist in customer visits and audits in the factory, demonstrating standard practices to the requirements of the customer and Gressingham Foods
9. Ensure all product adheres to specification on product quality, labelling etc.
10. Control CCP consumables such as metal detector pieces, scales, probes etc.
11. To carry out pre-production and hygiene checks.
a) Preferably experience in a production and technical environment or similar
b) Understanding and knowledge of BRC - favourable
c) Knowledge of HACCP - favourable
d) Ability to execute and implement change as necessary to ensure the continued profitability of the department
Debach Dry Good Warehouse Supervisor
We are seeking a Dry Goods Warehouse Supervisor at our Debach site, near Woodbridege, to ensure the smooth, efficient, safe and cost effective running of their warehouse at Debach. Contributing to achieving minimum stockholding levels & continuity of packaging/ingredient, PPE and other factory supplies using established stock control systems and procedures. The ideal candidate will have the following:-
- IT skills, especially in Excel and FOPS8
- Materials storage/warehousing knowledge
- Good English, both written and spoken
- Own Transport
- Flexible shift schedule
Full Time, permanent, 40 hours per week (worked over 4 days) + overtime available
Location - Redgrave, near Diss
Pay rate - Starting at £7.83 per hour increasing with skills obtained
Departments - Various - AM and PM shifts available
We offer a Company induction programme, and following a 3 month probationary period can support staff in a career development programme including free English language lessons. We are also looking for individuals who are looking to progress within the Company. We pay for skills obtained, allowing you to develop your career and increase your salary.
- working in a busy production environment
- ensuring customers requirements are met to a high quality standard
- working well in a team
- adhering to food safety legislation
- adhering to Health and Safety guidance (we want all our staff to work safely)
- positive attitude
- We are looking for individuals with excellent communication skills and an attention to detail. Previous experience in a production environment is beneficial, but not essential as full training will be provided.
Quality Assurance Supervisor
About the Role
To organise and communicate with the PC/CA Operatives on a daily basis to ensure effective monitoring, recording and correcting actions of all production line processes and to provide holiday cover when necessary.
As the Quality Assurance Supervisor you will be expected to:
Supporting production team
Conduct regular audits (internal & external)
Inform Technical Manager weekly of any issues, deviations and reviews.
Help ensure staff adhere to stated hygiene and personal hygiene policies.
Assist in preparation of, and compliance during customer visits and audits within the factory.
Aid in formulation, and training of new and amended procedures training these out to relevant personnel and auditing to ensure these are adopted and followed.
Co-ordinate the work of PC’s & CA’s staff where required to ensure appropriate cover and necessary checks are being completed.
To oversee pre-production checks, ensuring all areas are covered.
Check and audit all process documentation to ensure this is completed correctly and in accordance with site quality procedures.
Ensure that any corrective actions are followed up and closed out.
Ensure that products meet customer and Gressingham specifications.
Ensure completion of any required customer/ factory samples
Signing off customer samples to ensure specification and quality is met
Managing and training requirements of quality leaders
Ensure all PC/CA and key skill staff receive training and any other primary skills training that may be required by their duties.
Ensure also that such skills are maintained up-to-date Supervision of product records and quality controls
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance Supervisor is accountable to communicate with PC/CA’s and to ensure effective monitoring recording and corrective actions of all production line processes. They are also responsible for ensuring the health & safety and welfare of colleagues working on the shop floor within their area, checking equipment is fit for purpose and supporting the Compliance auditors, Process controllers and line leaders in their role.
The job holder may be required at any time to perform any reasonable task outside the general provisions of this job description in the pursuance of Good Company practice or need. The job holder may be required, during peak processing times to work extra or different hours or variable shifts to help meet the needs of the business.
Purpose: To provide support to the Transport Managers. To track retail tray movements and Chep pallets, ordering, de-hiring and tracking of tray stocks. Book transport, when required. Dealing with internal and customer queries via telephone and taking messages for Transport Managers
Hours – Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm – Must be flexible as additional hours will be required during the peak Christmas period from w/c 11th November until 23rd December 6 days a week 12 hours a day (exactly hours of shift to be confirmed)
• Provide support to the Transport Managers.
• Make sure daily pallet and tray de-hires are undertaken accurately and on time for each customer.
• Maintain accurate records of all pallet and tray volumes.
• Book transport collections and ensure all relevant paper work is completed
• Input data daily, weekly, and monthly onto spread sheets
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to prioritise whilst work to set deadlines and dealing with last minute daily issues
• Good telephone manner
• Providing first class customer service, maintaining good relationships with customers and suppliers
• Accuracy, concentration and attention to detail
• Ability to adapt to unexpected situations
• Determination to successfully complete each challenge
• Resilience and drive to achieve the best we possibly can
• We want people to have a go
• Build and maintain excellent relationships within our team as well as with suppliers and customers
• Support and guide others to achieve excellence within our team
• Always willing to help
• Identify and resolve any issues as quickly as possible
• Handles pressure
• Display good business ethics