Assistant Farm Manager – Woodbridge
Job Title: Assistant Farm Manager
Reporting to: Farm Manager
Overall aim of the Job: To produce ducks of the best quality as efficiently as possible.
Key tasks within the job:
- To maintain and improve as high welfare standards as possible.
- To assist with achieving target levels of mortality as efficiently as possible.
- To work to a high health and safety standard.
- Update all records required in order to provide accurate, up-to-date information for the site manager
- To look after the poultry daily need for feed, water, straw, ventilation and movement.
- Identify and communicate to the site manager any problems with birds or equipment.
- Liaise regularly with site manager, and communicate with site staff and colleagues as appropriate, regarding successes and problems to ensure consistent flow of information.
- Carry out evening checks of site, when required.
- To maintain and improve where possible hygiene standards.
- To assist with all general farm duties
- Monitor stock control of farm supplies, and report shortages to the site manager.
- Maintain all aspects or company policy on site (as per Company Handbook).
- To work with staff in a positive manner, ensuring the team is working as safely and efficiently as possible.
- To carry out any other tasks relating to poultry farming as the company may reasonably require.
- To ensure a high-quality product, reared within welfare requirements into the factory. To comply with customer requirements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- To be willing to complete an NVQ level 3 in poultry production.
- A good knowledge of bird rearing principals (stockmanship). To include detailed knowledge of health, welfare, nutrition, health and safety etc. This will all be fully trained too new members of staff.
- A drive to improve the site and bird performance by innovations in rearing techniques.
- To be able to manage staff so that they work to the best of their abilities.
- Good knowledge of health and safety protocol and a proactive approach to near miss/accident reporting.
- An excellent attitude towards developing themselves through learning knowledge and skills.
- Reduced cost staff shop
- Opportunities to further train and develop further (career progression)
- Private counselling support services
- Auto enrolment Pension available
- Staff and family events
- Monthly Employee Draw
- Long Service Awards
Job Type: Permanent
Hours per week: 39 Hours per week
Working Times: Monday to Thursday 07:30am to 04:00pm, Friday 3pm finish, either a Saturday and Sunday morning and occasionally back for PM checks on these days.
Pay Rate: Competitive salary depending on experience, progression routes available as training is completed, and the role is taken on.
Own transport is essential due to the remote location.
Please contact the HR department by email – firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form.