Bintu is a fabulous local foodie blogger and blogs at Recipes From A Pantry. The blog focuses on delicious food using items from your pantry, even those ‘what do I do with that’ items!
Bintu has created a stunning recipe for a Vietnamese duck noodle salad with a zingy ginger lime dressing. (Serves 2-3)
Step By Step Instructions
Prepare the salad dressing:
- Whisk together all the ingredients of the salad dressing and set aside.
Roast the duck:
- Combine the duck fillet with the fish sauce and ginger in a bowl and set aside for 5 mins.
- Preheat oven to fan assisted 200C /220C / gas 8.
- Transfer the duck fillet (skin side down) to a cold cast iron frying pan and fry on medium heat for 6 mins. Then flip the fillet over and fry for 30 secs.
- Transfer the duck (still in the cast iron pan) to the oven and roast for oven and cook for 10 mins (rare), 15min (medium) or 18mins (well done).
- Remove from the oven and let the meat rest for 10 mins in a warm place before slicing thinly.
Prepare the salad:
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions and let them cool.
- Combine the cooled noodles with the rest of the salad ingredients and sliced duck breast and mix in the salad dressing. Top with the crispy shallots and lime wedges before serving.