Classic Turkey Gravy recipe
The perfect accompaniment to your Christmas meal. Prepare this gravy in advance and on the day, reheat gently in a saucepan and add the cooking juices from the cooked turkey to the gravy for an extra boost of flavour!
- 2 turkey wings, cut into 2
- 1 turkey neck, cut into 3
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 stick celery, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- Glass white wine
- 1 litre good chicken/turkey stock
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp red currant jelly
- Salt and pepper
- Brown the turkey wings and neck in a heavy based pan.
- Add the vegetables, garlic and herbs and sweat off for 20 mins on a low heat.
- Add the butter and flour, coat and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the white wine and stock, stir to thicken and let it simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir in the red currant jelly and season to taste.
- Pass through a sieve and serve.