- 2 Gressingham Duck® legs
- 2 teaspoons tamarind purée
- 2 teaspoons light soy
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon blended sesame oil
- 1 cucumber - skin peeled
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 150g vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- Dry the duck skin with absorbent paper, pierce the skin and then season both sides of the duck with a little salt. Place the duck on a baking tray and place in the oven for between 1 hr 15 minutes and 1 hr 30 minutes, until tender. You can check the tenderness with a skewer or the tip of a sharp knife.
- While the duck is cooking prepare the glaze. Put the tamarind, honey, soy and half the sesame oil in a bowl and mix well. Baste the duck leg with the glaze approximately 30 minutes before the end of its cooking time. Repeat this a few times over the last half an hour.
- Cook the rice noodles as per instructions, drain and set aside.
- Peel the cucumber length ways with a peeler and place in a bowl, add a dash of the sesame oil and a little salt. Mix well.
- When you are ready to serve, quickly fry off the rice noodles with the spring onion, a little salt and pepper and any remaining sesame oil. Place the duck, cucumber, noodles, chilli and any remaining glaze onto a platter and enjoy this lovely dish to share.