- 2 x Gressingham duck legs
- 1 whole pomegranate (seeds removed) or 100g of pomegranate seeds
For the glaze
- 100g clear honey
- 100g marmalade
- Juice and zest of 1 small orange
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of sherry vinegar
- Firstly prepare the duck legs by trimming off any excess fat.
- Using a skewer or fork, prick the skin of the duck legs several times. Season with salt and pepper both sides. Place on a deep sided baking tray and put into a preheated oven (180°C or 160°C fan, Gas Mark 4) for 80 minutes.
- While the duck legs are cooking you can prepare the glaze by placing all of the glaze ingredients into a small pan and bringing to the boil.
- Simmer for approximately 3 minutes. Set aside.
- After the duck legs have been cooking for 80 minutes, remove from the oven. Generously spoon the glaze over the duck legs, leaving some in the pan to finish the dish off. Add the pomegranate seeds to the remainder of the glaze in the pan and set aside in a warm place.
- Return the duck legs to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- When the duck legs are ready, remove from the oven.
- Place the duck legs onto each plate along with the vegetables. Spoon over the rest of the pomegranate glaze.