- 4 Gressingham Duck Legs
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp five-spice
- 4 star anise
- 1/2 stick cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1-2 fresh red chillis
- 16 plums
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- stir fry vegetables
- 2 packs of straight to wok udon noodles
- Preheat oven 200°C/ Fan 180°C/ Gas Mark 6
- First, cut the plums in half and remove the stones. Deseed and thinly slice the chillies. Combine in a bowl with the soy sauce, five spice, star anise, cinnamon, oil and demerara sugar.
- Place mixed plums in the bottom of a deep sided baking tray. Place the duck legs on top and cover with foil. Cook in the oven for 2 ½ hours. Remove foil and return to the oven for a further half an hour.
- Whilst still hot, shred the meat from the bone and stir through the sauce.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over high heat. Add a little vegetable oil and stir fry the vegetables for 5 mins. Add the noodles for 1 min then stir through the duck in plum sauce.