Shiitake Mushroom Pilaf with Garlic, Soy & Greens
This Mushroom Pilaf is an impressive side dish but quick and easy to make.
- 150g basmati rice
- 75g shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g butter
- 300ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 100g spinach
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- In a heavy based saucepan heat the oil, half the butter, onions, garlic and mushrooms and cook until the vegetables soften without colouring.
- Add the rice and stir to coat in the juice, then add the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Put a lid on the pan and cook in a pre-heated oven at 180 for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, stir through the spinach, soy and rice wine and return to the oven for a further 3 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the oven and fork into a serving dish with the remaining butter and parsley.