A delicious roast duck recipe with a oriental twist from food blogger Foodie Quine. (Serves 4-6)
Step By Step Instructions
- Pre-heat your oven to 220°C, Fan 200°C, Gas Mark 7
- Remove all packaging. Take bag of giblets out of the body cavity (they’re useful for stock)
- Weigh the duck without the giblets. It’s important to do this – don’t just use the weight on the bag, as this includes the giblets
- Place on a rack in the roasting tin, prick the skin all over and rub a teaspoon of salt into the skin
- Roast in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes per 500g, plus 20 minutes extra
- Cut a cross in the top of 4 of the figs, going only 3/4 of the way down. Nestle these in the corner of the roasting tin with the duck for the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Rest the duck for 10-20 minutes before serving.
- Chop up four of the figs into 0.5cm cubes and place in a small pan with the star anise, port, balsamic vinegar and sugar.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes or until syrupy and jammy.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve alongside the roast duck and roasted figs.