- 2 duck breasts, finely scored
- 1 bulb of fennel, finely sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- Pack of green beans, topped and blanched
- 2 large oranges, segmented and juiced
- Small bag of watercress
- 1 pomegranate, seeded and juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Put the fennel and red onions into a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, vinegar and season with salt and pepper, then set aside whilst you cook the duck.
- Season each duck breast generously with salt and place skin side down in a cold non-stick pan on a medium heat without oil for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Pour off the fat regularly and seal the other side for 30 seconds.
- Place the duck breasts skin side up into a preheated oven (180°C) and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the duck breasts from the oven and place onto your chopping board for 5 minutes to rest.
- Whilst the duck is resting, add the green beans, orange segments and juice and pomegranates to the bowl and combine.
- Carve the two duck breasts finely lengthways and add to the mixing bowl with the watercress and gently toss together. Serve onto a large platter and let everyone dig in and enjoy!