- 2-3 plums, stoned and roughly chopped
- 100ml red wine
- 1/2 star anise (optional)
- 300ml beef stock
- 2-3 dessert spoons of plum jam
- Place a pan on a high heat with a dessert spoon of vegetable oil, when hot add in the plums and cook until coloured and slightly softened (approx 2 minutes).
- Pour in the wine and star anise (if using) and reduce by 1/3.
- Add in the stock and jam, mix in and simmer for 10 mins.
- When the 10 minutes are up, set the sauce aside in a warm place until the duck is ready. If the sauce is too thin, mix a small teaspoon of corn flour with a little cold water and stir into the sauce.