One Pot ‘Super-Simple’ Cassoulet
Cassoulet is a traditional French dish originating from Southern France. This simple one-pot will be perfectly paired with one our Bistro dishes.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g smoked bacon/pancetta lardons
- Glass white wine
- 400g tin cannellini beans, drained
- 400g tin quality chopped tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Sprig of thyme
- Bay leaf
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy based saucepan, add the onion, carrot & bacon lardons and gently cook for 4-5 minutes, the bacon should start to colour and the vegetables soften.
- Add the garlic & chicken stock and continue to cook until it all starts sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine, scraping off all the sticky goodness from the bottom, then add the chopped tomatoes, cannellini beans and herbs and simmer gently for 25 minutes, the sauce should have reduced, thickened and becoming richer in colour.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.