These marinated duck steaks are so quick and simple to prepare and cook and are much healthier than you may think! (Serves 2)
Step By Step Instructions
- Firstly, take all the marinade ingredients and place in a pestle and mortar or food blender and pound or mix. Place in a bowl big enough to fit the duck. Set aside.
- Next place the duck breasts on a chopping board and cut across the breast horizontally at the thickest part. You should have 4 flat fillets. (If serving as main courses use four breasts unsliced).
- Place cling film over the top and hit them with a rolling pin or the back of a large chopping knife to flatten to approx 1/4 inch. Place in the marinade bowl, mix well and leave to marinade for at least 30 minutes but preferably 2-3 hours in a fridge.
- When you are ready to eat, take the breast from the marinade and scrape off any excess marinade back in the bowl. Leave the marinade in a warm place.
- Place a wok or large frying pan on to medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. When the oil is hot add the pak choi, season with salt and pepper and stir fry for a couple of minutes, adding a little water if drying out.
- When it is cooked leave in a warm place. Next to cook the duck steaks take another large pan and put onto a high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of veg oil and when it gets hot, carefully place the duck steaks into the pan, I find using tongs to do this is a good option. Season the steaks with salt and pepper and sear for about a minute and a half. Then flip the steaks over and do the same. Now add in the remaining marinade into the pan and bring to a simmer. Add a little water if it needs loosening.
- Once it is simmering continue to cook for a minute, remove the duck steaks from the pan and place them on top of the pak choy. Pour over any remaining marinade over the steaks. Delicious.