- 2 Gressingham duck breasts skin removed
- 6 lemongrass stalks
- 100g of mixed salad leaves
- 150g Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp mint sauce
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Pre heat oven 200oC, 180oC Fan, Gas Mark 6.
- Firstly make the mint yoghurt by mixing the yoghurt, mint, mint sauce and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare the duck by cutting each breast in half lengthways. You should now have 4 long strips of duck. Cut each of these strips into thirds so you have 3 small chunks per strip. With a small sharp knife, make a deep incision in the centre of each piece of duck.
- Next take the lemongrass stalks and remove the outer 2 leaves. Cut off a 1/4 inch from the thick end of each stalk.
- Take each stalk and slightly bruise the thicker end by pressing down on it with the flat blade of a knife.
- Thread 2 pieces of duck onto the bruised end of the lemongrass. Repeat with each. Rub a little oil on each and season with salt and white pepper.
- Put a pan onto a high heat, add a dessert spoon of vegetable oil and as it starts smoking, quickly sear off the skewers for 30 seconds both sides (you may need to do this in 2 batches) and transfer to a roasting tray. When all the skewers are seared and on the tray place into the oven for 3- 4 mins. Alternatively you could grill for same amount of time.
- While the duck is cooking divide the mixed leaves onto 2 plates along with 2 ramekins of mint yoghurt. Once the duck is ready serve immediately!