A fruity, sweet duck breast recipe that is quick and simple to prepare. (Serves 2)
Step By Step Instructions
- Pre heat oven to 180°C, Fan 160°C, Gas Mark 4
- Score the skin of the duck breasts and pat dry.
- Peel and segment one of the oranges and zest the other orange and squeeze the juice out. Set both aside.
- Place a pan onto a low to medium heat, season the duck with salt and place into the pan with no oil and cook for 6-8 minutes or until the skin is crisp and golden. Pour off any excess fat as you cook. Flip the breast over and seal the meat for 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a baking tray and place in the oven for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the pan back onto heat and add in the honey, orange juice and zest, garlic and half the thyme. Reduce the sauce by half. Add in the potatoes and the orange segments and continue to simmer until loosely sticky. Set aside.
- Meanwhile remove the duck from the oven and glaze the skin generously with some of the pan mixture. Return to the oven for a 2-3 minutes if you like it rare (cook for a few minutes if you prefer it medium to well done), take out and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- When you are ready to eat, bring the pan up to heat, divide the sauce and potatoes onto 2 plates. Carve the duck breast into 5 or 6 pieces and place on top. Serve with your favourite greens.