This fantastic recipe from HelloFresh is a twist on a classic dish which is loved by so many of us.
Step By Step Instructions
Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees / gas mark 6 / fan 200. Pour the basmati rice into a pot with 700ml of water, the cinnamon stick and 1/2 tsp of salt. Put the pot on high heat and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and pop the lid on. Cook for 10 mins and then remove from the heat. Leave the rice to finish cooking off the heat in its own steam for another 10 mins.
- As the rice cooks, prepare the cucumber. Remove the pointy ends and then cut the cucumber lengthways into four strips. Remove the seeds with a spoon and then cut each strip into 1cm chunks. Put the cucumber into a bowl with a 1/4 tsp of salt and mix well.
- Juice the lime into chopped cucumber and roughly chop coriander. Mix the cucumber, lime juice and coriander together and save until later.
- Next, prepare the duck breasts by scoring the skin gently in a criss-cross pattern.
- Season each of the duck breasts with a pinch of salt and a grind of black pepper. Put duck breast skin-side down into frying pan on medium heat. Cook for 5-7 mins until the skin is golden brown and crispy.
- Turn the duck breasts over, brown the flesh side for 2 mins and pour in 2 tbsp. of hoisin sauce. Roll the duck breasts around in the sauce and then transfer them to a baking tray.
- Put the duck breasts in the oven and roast for 7 mins if you like them medium. Cook for 5 mins if you like your duck rare or cook for 15 mins for well done.
- When the duck is cooked, take it out of the oven and pop it back into the frying pan you used earlier. Add the remaining hoisin sauce to the pan, coat your duck breasts with the sauce and leave for 5 mins.
- As the duck relaxes, fluff up your rice with a fork. Discard cinnamon stick. Slice your duck breast widthways into five or six pieces.
- Spoon a generous amount of rice onto your plates, top with cucumber, coriander and lime juice and then finish with your sliced duck breast. Drizzle over your hoisin sauce and enjoy.