- 2 Gressingham duck legs
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped rings
- 3 tablespoons hoi sin sauce
- Small bunch coriander, washed, leaves removed and roughly chopped
- 12 mint leaves, middle stem removed, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 10 little gem lettuce leaves
- Pre heat oven to 190oC, 170oC, gas mark 5.
- Prick the skin of the duck legs with a skewer or fork and season both the skin and meat.
- Place in a baking tray and cook for approx 1 hour 15mins.
- Remove from the oven, pour off the excess fat and allow to cool.
- While it is cooling mix together all of the remaining ingredients.
- When the legs are cool enough to handle, remove the skin and either discard or eat as a treat! Take the duck meat off the bone, roughly dice and place in a mixing bowl. Be careful to look out for any small bones as you do this.
- Add in the lime, spring onions hoi sin and herbs. Mix well, check for seasoning, adjust as necessary and then spoon a small amount into each lettuce leaf and serve.