Our famous “one pan duck”. A delicious recipe prepared in just one pan to save on washing up! (Serves 2)
Step By Step Instructions
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes and thickly slice when cool. Lightly score the skin of the duck breasts, before generously seasoning with the peppercorns and a sprinkling of salt. Place the duck breasts skin-side down in a large non-stick frying pan, over a moderate heat (no oil) and cook for 6 to 10 minutes or until the skin is golden and crispy.
- Leave the fat in the pan and move the duck onto a baking tray, skin-side down, to roast for 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 220°C, fan 200°C, gas mark 7.
- Turn-up the heat on the pan, add the boiled potato slices and fry until brown and crisp. Scatter over the parsley and garlic. Scoop out the potatoes onto a plate and season with sea salt.
- Keeping the pan on the heat, fry the bacon until crisp, then add the cabbage. Cook for one minute, before adding the water and frying for five minutes until the cabbage is wilted, adding more water if required. Whisk any cooking juices from the duck with the vinegar and olive oil for the dressing.
- Carve the duck breast into slices. Serve the duck with the cabbage, bacon and a pile of potatoes. Drizzle over the dressing and serve.