A tasty stir fry recipe with crunchy peppers and black beans. (Serves 2)
Step By Step Instructions
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan until hot.
- Add in the duck and quickly stir fry for approx 1 minute. If the duck appears to be drying out too quickly add a splash of water and continue to stir. After 1 minute take the wok off heat and quickly remove the duck from the wok and set aside in a warm place.
- Return the wok to the heat and add in the onions. Put in a pinch of salt and a touch of water and fry for 1 minute. Be careful not to burn the onions, if the flame is too fierce turn down the heat a little and add another splash of water (about a teaspoon each time it is required).
- Add in the peppers, ginger and garlic (and chilli if required) and stir fry for another minute.
- Afterwards, add the light soy and spinach/ pak choi and stir fry for one more minute.
- Now put in the black bean sauce and bring up to heat until bubbling. Return the duck to the wok and cook for a further minute. Mix well and serve with plain rice. Garnish with spring onion.